By Laura Renner
With the holiday season upon us, many people use this time to reflect on the year and begin setting goals for the next year. As business owners, we do the same for our businesses.
“Entrepreneurs are the only people who will work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours a week”
This popular quote refers to the “hustle” entrepreneurs are willing to do in order to succeed. It also refers to how entrepreneurs do the work they want to do rather than what a manager or employer orders them to do. Yet, the uglier side is that we get sucked in to our business and working upwards to 80+ hours a week leaves little room for anything else.
We hope you will take some time this month to close out your year in a meaningful way. Below are some questions to consider.
- Take stock of what’s important in your life
- What are your priorities overall?
- How do you take care of yourself, physically, mentally, and spiritually?
- How are your business and current lifestyle serving your priorities?
- What do you need to change in order to better stay in line with your priorities?
- What are you willing to let go of?
- What could be done by a virtual assistant to free up some of your time each week?
- Reflect on this year
- What did you accomplish? Celebrate the big and small wins!
- Where did you fall short? No shame, no blame...just acknowledge.
- What would you like to do differently going forward?
- How can you expand your comfort zone?
- What did you do to expand your comfort zone this year?
- How can you find more hours in your work week?
- What would allow you to focus more on your mission?
- What’s Your Holiday Plan with the Business
- Have you thought about taking time off during the holidays this year?
- How will you balance time off with keeping the business going?
- Decide now and commit to your decision!
- At the very least, what gift of self-care will you give yourself?
The end of the year is a great time to pause and assess our businesses and our lives. Use these questions as a guide to help you do so.
If you find yourself wanting more time in your work week. If some of your business' administrative tasks each week take you away from your business’ main mission, contact Freedom Makers and we can find the right virtual assistant to lift those burdens from you. Contact us for a conversation about how to find more hours in the work week for you.