Don’t you just love this time of year? The holidays has everyone out and about. People are gifting and smiling just a little more. Yes, the end of the year can bring a certain amount of stress for a small business owner. There are details to tend to and things to wrap up before starting fresh on January 1. But if you are able, I encourage you to slow down for just a minute at some point and create your highlight reel from this past year.
One of my favorite things as a kid--and still to this day--about the end of December is the myriad of highlight reels you see on the news, sports channels, and in publications. My personal favorite was always the sports blooper reel from the past year. Nothing like watching million dollar sports stars drop a ball in some crazy way or somersault over a teammate bringing them back down to human status. These reels are a great way to remember all the greatness of the past year. Yes, there is always tragedy and unhappy things that happen in a year, but the highlight reels showcase the successes and the awesomeness of the year.
I encourage you to take stock and share with your team and clients the awesomeness of your past year. Here at Freedom Makers, we have compiled our highlight reel to share with you. 2018 was a growing year for us and many of our goals were realized and surpassed. Sure, there are things we still need to work on, but today and over the next couple of weeks, we will showcase our highlights.
- After years of struggling with and combating the inefficiency of email, we compiled our tips to reduce the drag of it
- One of our own Freedom Makers designed it
- More than 400 people have accessed it so far
Task Audit Quiz:
- Small business owners were asking what kinds of tasks can they give to a virtual assistant
- Clients knew they needed help but did not know in which areas of their business
- Designed an “audit” to help owners figure out where to start
- Allows clients to take stock of their business and assess where they need extra assistance
- Designed to help clients know how to best use a virtual assistant
- Helps clients be more organized and ready to bring on a VA
Freedom Maker Profiles:
- We did not like using LinkedIn profiles or resumes but needed something to share backgrounds, skills, and experience of our Freedom Makers with business owners
- Now we share custom built profiles when business owners are choosing their Freedom Maker
- We can also search profiles when looking for specific skills
- And we can capture and share the praise Freedom Makers have received from our clients
Freedom Maker Overall Growth in 2018:
- Grew by nearly 60%
- Now have more than 90 Freedom Makers in our community!
- Built and established our marketing ecosystem
- Focused on improving our Freedom Makers’ experience which then improved our client experience. We streamlined onboarding new Freedom Makers, communications throughout, and coordinating with new clients
- Focused on ensuring a successful relationship between Freedom Makers and clients, thereby improving client retention.
- Have created 7 jobs for military spouses so far (where clients hired them directly)
- Practiced what we preach. Consistently improved and automated our systems to make us more efficient = have more freedom!
Our virtual assistants are military spouses who, due to their association with the military, understand how to be flexible and deliver top-notch service. Freedom Makers’ mission is to support military spouses and their families by creating a path to stable, uninterrupted employment and income. They can provide many services to help business owners focus on their mission. For more information on hiring a Freedom Maker or how a virtual assistant can enhance your business, click here.