1. Identify the task (not the responsibility---get more specific!)
2. Determine which of the 5 levels of delegation this task requires. For more, check out Michael Hyatt's Five Levels of Delegation.
3. Determine your communication expectations: how often you want updates, through what medium, etc.
4. Set the groundwork for feedback (in both directions!)
5. Build a Set It and Forget It System.
In this video, I talk about each of these 5 tips in more detail.
If you need help trying to figure out what to delegate, take our Task Audit Quiz.